Peanut Butter Blossoms … a very popular cookie recipe and I’m here to tell you, it’s popular for good reason.
The ingredients are simple, you’ll need salt, baking powder, flour, brown sugar, butter, shortening, peanut butter, vanilla and an egg. You’ll also need chocolate kisses too!
Don’t forget to PIN these to your favorite baking board!
- 1½ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup solid shortening (such as Crisco)
- ½ cup peanut butter (like Jiff or Peter Pan)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 (12-ounce) package milk chocolate kisses, most unwrapped (SEE NOTES BELOW)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour salt and baking powder.
- In large bowl mixing bowl combine the butter, shortening and peanut butter and beat until smooth. Pour in the brown sugar and mix until smooth.
- Now add the egg and vanilla and blend until the yolk disappears. Gently add the flour mixture and blend on low until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and blend another 30 seconds.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar and place on the prepared cookie sheet at least 1-inch apart.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven; immediately top each cookie with a milk chocolate candy kiss, pressing down firmly so the cookie lightly cracks around edge.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the pan or parchment for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wait until the chocolate kisses have hardened before storing in an airtight container.
I have not tested this recipe using all butter. Please let me know if you do and how it turns out - thanks
Depending on the size you roll your cookies, this recipe will make anywhere between 56 and 68 cookies. You may not need the entire package of milk chocolate kisses so to be safe, do not unwrap all the kisses at one time. A 12-ounce package of Hershey's Kisses holds approximately 65 kisses.