This is an oldie, but a goodie, (originally posted November 2011) but was worth reshooting and sharing again! And … we made a video to share with you too 🙂
What kind of food blogger would I be if I didn’t post a creamy and delicious Pumpkin Pie Smoothie? A hungry one I guess! I’ve resisted making a pumpkin smoothie because I didn’t think I’d like it. Was I completely wrong! After making a pumpkin pie last weekend I had a little canned pumpkin left over. I am so glad because this was great. I went back to the pantry to make sure I have another can of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin because I’ll make this again and again. It tastes like pumpkin pie to me but it’s healthy, filling and completely appropriate for breakfast.
Check out these adorable gourds and pumpkins. We picked these at a local farm – three for a dollar! What a deal and what a fun day with our grandchildren. The little ones get such a thrill from picking their own pumpkins.
Thick, rich, healthy and creamy – it tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass. When you’re craving pumpkin pie but don’t have time to make one, this is a fine substitute.
Don’t forget to PIN to your favorite Pumpkin Board!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
A healthy slice of pumpkin pie in a cool and creamy smoothie.
Recipe type: Smoothie
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I prefer Fage brand yogurt)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (Libby's 100% pure pumpkin)
- ½ scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Agave nectar, honey or Truvia to taste
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, more or less to taste
- Fresh ground nutmeg for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth. Serve sprinkled with additional cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
Recipe and Photos updated October, 2016
Here are a few more pumpkin recipes you might enjoy:
- Pumpkin Spiced Pizzelles ~ from Saving Room for Dessert
- Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust ~ from Saving Room for Dessert
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter ~ from The View from Great Island
- Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies ~ from Seasons & Suppers
Here’s a link to my favorite blender:
The small print: If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m pulling out a nice recipe for classic comfort food this weekend. And I’ll be making pie No. 45. So close …. I’m getting down to the last few! Have a terrific weekend – I can’t wait to see what you are all cooking up too!