This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creamy Cole Slaw
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon shredded sweet onion
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- dash celery seed
- Shred the cabbage, chopping any remaining pieces or large leaves. Mix the cabbage with the salt and place in a colander set over a large bowl. Cover the cabbage with plastic wrap and place a couple of heavy salad plates on top. Put the bowl and cabbage in the refrigerator and allow it to sit for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours to drain the excess water. Pat the cabbage dry using paper towels.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients from the carrots through the celery seed. Whisk until blended. Place the cabbage in a large bowl and fold in the mayonnaise mixture until blended. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve and enjoy!