This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fresh melon & raspberry sauce
- ½ cantaloupe
- ½ honey dew melon
- 3 cups fresh unsweetened raspberries plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- Add the clean raspberries to a blender. Cover and process until pureed. Add the agave, lemon juice and ginger and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture through a sieve and discard the seeds. Cover and store in the refrigerator until served.
- Cut each melon half in 3 wedges and remove the seeds and rind. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice each piece of melon lengthwise toward the narrow end without cutting completely to the end. Repeat until you have four slices still attached at one end. Open the slices into a fan shape.
- Place the melon wedges on the plate and spoon 2 tablespoons raspberry sauce on top. Garish with fresh mint and raspberries.
Other cantaloupe ideas:
- Mary from Barefeet in the Kitchen posted a lovely Quick and easy cantaloupe bowl I would love to serve.
- Anna & Liz who blog over at 2 Sisters Recipes posted an interesting recipe for Sweet melon with prosciutto di parma – I’m fascinated! This looks so good 🙂
- I’m also searching for a cantaloupe sorbet recipe so feel free to post a link below if you have one.
Now I can’t wait for watermelon too!
Don’t you just love easy, fresh, sweet and healthy? Can’t wait for more fresh fruits and vegetables this summer. Hope you have a terrific Monday and thanks so much for stopping by!