This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups fruit - such as blackberries with any juice that has accumulated
- Recipe for Double Pie Crust (see link in notes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan mix together 1 cup of sugar, cornstarch and boiling water.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Boil 5 minutes stirring occasionally then add the fruit and juice.
- Remove the fruit from the heat and stir gently until the blackberries release some juice. Set aside.
Prepare a double pie crust. Lightly grease a casserole dish with Pam. Ladle some of the blackberry sauce/syrup in the bottom of the casserole dish.
Roll out half the dough. Cut a piece to fit the bottom of the pan. Lay the pastry on the juice and top with half the berries and juice. Layer the scrap pieces of dough on top of the berries and bake for about 10 minutes while preparing the remaining dough. Remove the casserole from the oven and top with the remaining berries and juice. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter and remaining dough. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is browned and the berries are bubbly. Allow the cobbler to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe adapted from my Mom
Click HERE to get our recipe for Perfect Pie Crust in 3 Easy Steps with VIDEO!