Watermelon Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Sweet summer watermelon combines beautifully with fresh mint, smooth, creamy Feta cheese and a delicious simple dressing. If you haven't tried a watermelon salad before - now's the time!
- 1/2 of a medium, seedless watermelon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 of a small, red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh torn mint leaves
- 4 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Divide the chopped watermelon, onion, mint leaves, and Feta cheese on 4 large salad plates.
In a 1-cup measuring cup with a spout, whisk together the balsamic, olive oil, mustard, honey and garlic. Add the salt and pepper and taste to check the seasoning. Add additional honey if desired or more vinegar.
Pass the dressing at the table and drizzle on the salads just before serving. Enjoy!
To cut down on the bite of the red onion, soak in ice water for about 15 minutes before serving. Drain well.