Southern-Style Pimento Cheese
A simple cheddar cheese dip served with crackers, vegetables or used as a sandwich spread and t's even terrific on grilled cheese!
Servings: 4 cups
- 4 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, lightly packed (about 12 ounces)
- 1 4-ounce jar diced pimento, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tobasco
- dash of seasoned salt
- Fresh ground black pepperserve with crackers or vegetables
Shred the cheese on a large box grater and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the drained pimento and set aside.
Blend together the mayonnaise, cream cheese, cayenne, Tobasco, pepper and seasoned salt until smooth and creamy. I used a small food processor that came with my stick blender to blend these ingredients. Works great!
Add the mayonnaise mixture to the cheese and blend with a spatula until combined.
Chill until served.