Traditional Creamy Potato Salad
Traditional creamy potato salad - perfect for BBQ's and potluck dinners. Always a family favorite!
Servings: 10 servings
- 5 or 6 large baking potatoes, do not peel
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish or substitute sweet pickles and add 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise, or more if needed
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs, yolks and egg whites separated
- Paprika for garnish
Scrub potatoes under clean running water. Leaving potatoes whole with skin on, cover with water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and boil gently, turning potatoes occasionally, until fork tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly. Remove skin and chop into bite sized pieces.
Boil eggs and place yolks in a large mixing bowl. Chop eggs whites and set aside. Smash the yolks with a fork and add mayonnaise and mustard. Mix well. Add all other ingredients except potatoes and mix until well blended. Taste to check seasonings. Add potatoes and fold together gently. Sprinkle with paprika and chill overnight. Serve!
For instructions to hard cook/boil eggs, see this POST