Jalapeño Popper Dip
Easy, cheesy and delicious, this spicy dip will be your new favorite go-to recipe for all your dipping opportunities.
For the dip:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 jalapeños sliced in half lengthwise (for 12 halves divided)
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish if desired
- ½ medium onion grated
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel Tomatoes (with green peppers) slightly drained, liquid reserved
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese hot pepper cheese or sharp cheddar, grated
- ½ cup mayonnaise or sour cream
For the topping:
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- crushed red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- chips crackers, bread, toast or rolls
- Garnish - 2 sliced and charred jalapeños parsley and crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly grease or coat a casserole dish, pie plate or skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Place the casserole dish on the foil lined baking sheet. Set aside.
Pour the vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet. Wipe out most of the oil and spread it around using a clean paper towel. Heat on medium-high. Place the jalapeño halves, cut side down in the skillet and cook until lightly charred. Remove from the skillet and cool slightly. Set 4 jalapeño halves aside for topping. With the remaining 8 jalapeño halves, remove the seeds and membranes and discard then dice the jalapeños into ½-inch pieces.
In a large mixing bowl combine the diced jalapeños, cream cheese, parsley, onion, Rotel tomatoes, cheese and mayonnaise. Blend on medium speed with an electric mixer until combined. Add some of the reserved liquid from the tomatoes to thin if needed. Pour into the prepared casserole dish and spread evenly.
Mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan and melted butter. Sprinkle over the cheese dip. Place the remaining 4 jalapeño halves, cut side up, on top of the dip. Press down gently into the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if using.
Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or until dip is bubbly.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. When multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
- Optional: Mix in 3 slices of crispy fried bacon, crumbled into 1/2-inch pieces. Also great as a sandwich spread or on a grilled cheese sandwich. Put a dollop on your grilled hamburger, or spread on a Naan then top with bacon for a terrific, easy popper pizza! You’re going to want leftovers ;)
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 384mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 812IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 255mg | Iron: 0.4mg