Ultra-Nutty Chocolate Peanut Slab Pie
Chewy, crunchy and sweet, and chocked full of roasted peanuts our easy slab pie makes enough to serve a hungry crowd!
Servings: 36 bars
- 1 15-ounce box ready to bake pie crust
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup light KARO corn syrup
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and hot
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 6 cups dry-roasted peanuts half salted/roasted and half no-salt/roasted
- 1 ½ cups bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
Adjust the oven rack to the lower middle position. Preheat oven to 350F. Place a large sheet of foil under the rack in case the pie bubbles over.
Lightly flour a clean work surface. Unroll pie crusts and stack on top of each other. Use a rolling pin to combine crusts into a 17 x 12-inch rectangle. Roll the pastry around a rolling pin and then unroll over a rimmed 15 x 10-inch sheet pan; fit to the pan, fold under the edges and crimp. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together the brown sugar, KARO syrup, melted butter and vanilla until combined. Add the beaten egg and whisk again until smooth. Fold in the peanuts with a spatula until all nuts are evenly coated.
Remove the crust from the refrigerator and sprinkle with ¾ cup of the chocolate chips across the entire surface. Gently and slowly pour the peanut filling mixture evenly over the chocolate chips. Gently move the filling around with a fork to fill the corners and make it level. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the topping is bubbling across the entire surface and the crust is lightly browned.
Remove from the oven and let the pie rest for 5 minutes or until it no longer bubbles. Scatter the top with the remaining chocolate chips.
Cool completely in the pan then slice and serve.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. When multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
- If you don’t have a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan, use a pan similar in size. Roll the pastry crust out to 2-inches larger than your pan, all the way around.
- Omit the chocolate chips if desired. We do not recommend milk chocolate chips for this pie as it’s already sweet. Bittersweet chocolate chips work best.
- Use unsalted peanuts if desired, but sprinkle with sea salt after the pie is cooled. The pie is best with a little saltiness to balance the sweetness.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 132mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 104IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg