Peanut Butter Fudge
The most requested Christmas treat - year after year!
- ¾ cup margarine
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk (about ⅔ cup)
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 1 (7-ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lightly grease a 9x9 or 8x8-inch square pan
Mix margarine, sugar and milk in a heavy 3-quart saucepan; bring to a full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
Continue boiling 5 minutes on medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 240°F stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
Stir in the peanut butter.
Gradually stir in the peanut butter chips until melted.
Add the marshmallow cream and vanilla. Stir until smooth and blended.
Pour into prepared pan and cool at room temperature.
When cooled, cut into squares and store in an airtight container
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. When multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
- Do not substitute sweetened condensed milk for the evaporated milk.
- See TIPS in the original post for more ideas and tips for success.
Calories: 3684kcal | Carbohydrates: 521g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 183g | Saturated Fat: 37g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 46g | Monounsaturated Fat: 89g | Cholesterol: 0.5mg | Sodium: 1983mg | Potassium: 575mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 510g | Vitamin A: 6092IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2mg