Easy Pineapple Salsa
A wonderfully easy and fresh salsa that is great on tacos, grilled chicken, burritos or with a bag of chips.
Servings: 3 cups
- 3 cups diced pineapple, about 1 medium pineapple
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 red hot pepper, seeded and minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Peel and core the pineapple removing all tough edges and blemishes. Dice into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces and place in a medium bowl with a tight fitting lid.
Remove the stems from the peppers, split in half and remove the seeds and membrane (or ribs). Dice and add to the pineapple.
Add the onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper to the pineapple and gently stir to combine.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.