A light crisp cookie that is slightly sweet and delicious! An Italian classic!
Servings: 100 3-inch cookies
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 8 tablespoons margarine, melted and slightly cooled
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons Anise extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Cream the butter, margarine and sugar together. Add the eggs and Anise and beat until the mixture is creamy.
Sift the flour and baking powder into the batter and mix until blended. If the batter is too thick you can add a tablespoons of water, or a little flour if it's too thin.
Bake the Pizzelles according to the manufactures directions. Store in an airtight container.