No. 8 - Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
A rich, but wonderful, creamy peanut butter pie filling topped with chocolate ganache. Cut into small slices using a hot knife.
Servings: 8 servings
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs, 12 sheets
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Ganache:
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped, good quality
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well blended. Press the mixture into the sides and bottom of a nine-inch deep dish pie plate. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix well. Beat in the melted butter gradually.
In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the cream into the peanut butter mixture using a spatula. Do not over beat. Pour into the prepared, cool crust and refrigerate for several hours until set.
Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl. Bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir gently until melted and smooth. Cool slightly and spread evenly over the pie. Chill until served.
Cut with a knife that has been heated under hot water and wiped dry between each slice.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. When multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
- (Inspired by a recipe in Biltmore, Our Table To Yours, Chef's Selection Cookbook)
RECIPE and photos updated 1/18/2016
- Recommendations: After testing this recipe a couple of times, I believe (and taste testers agree) the chocolate layer is too thick. Next time I'll test using chocolate curls or a drizzle of chocolate and update the post again! It's still a deliciously rich pie - just a pain to cut with the slab of chocolate on top.
Calories: 1037kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 73g | Saturated Fat: 34g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 25g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 525mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 69g | Vitamin A: 1662IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 2mg