Fluffy Whipped Vanilla Buttercream
A light and fluffy vanilla buttercream perfect for a simple white cupcake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 32 ounces powdered sugar, sifted (use less if desired)
- 2-4 tablespoons whole milk
Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy.
With the mixer on low, add the milk, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat another minute on medium to combine.
Slowly add the confectioners' sugar beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and beat on medium-high for about 3 minutes or until the frosting is light and fluffy.
Adjust by adding more milk if needed for desired consistency.
If not using immediately, refrigerate and rewhip before using.