Greek Layered Hummus Dip
Great for entertaining! Enjoy this easy dip with a terrific combination of flavors and textures. Serve with hearty chips, pita wedges, cucumber slices or your favorite vegetables
- 1 17-ounce container prepared hummus *
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt **
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch English cucumber pieces (seeded before diced)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers ***
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- pita bread pita wedges or baked pita chips
- cucumber slices
- use as a spread on sandwiches
Spread the hummus on a shallow serving tray or plate. Dollop the yogurt on top, then carefully spread to cover the hummus, leaving a border showing through.
In a small bowl combine the cucumber, peppers, olives, onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Spoon the vegetable mixture evenly over the yogurt. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the vegetables then top with toasted pine nuts. Drizzle the dip with a little extra olive oil. Serve immediately.
* SRFD recommends Sabra classic hummus for this dip.
** We use our favorite plain Siggi’s Icelandic Skyr (yogurt) for this dip due to the silky, creamy texture and superior spreadability. It’s very similar to Greek yogurt with fantastic flavor too!
*** You can find roasted red peppers on the olive bar at your local grocery store, or jarred works well too.
Inspired by a recipe on Cook's Country
This Greek Layered Hummus Dip is best served immediately after assembled for the prettiest presentation.
Leftover dip should be stored in an airtight container and will keep about 24 hours. Smear leftovers on everyday sandwiches for a delicious boost in flavor.
Our serving platter featured in this post measures approximately 12-inches by 7-inches