Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
An exceptional quick bread with deep banana flavor and a lovely light, moist texture.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (86g) room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar (222g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (252g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 bananas, very ripe mashed with a fork
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (6oz) plus more for garnish
Lightly grease a light color 9x5-inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending just until the yolk disappears. Gently blend in the vanilla.
In a separate medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add half the flour to the batter and blend on medium-low until incorporated. Add half the mashed bananas and mix just until blended. Repeat with all remaining flour, then all remaining mashed bananas.
Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the batter a few times scraping up from the bottom of the bowl. Once all ingredients are well blended, add 1 cup mini chocolate chips and fold together.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Top with additional chocolate chips.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs but no wet batter. Tent with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes the remove from the pan to a wire rack. Serve immediately or cool completely before storing.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. When multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
- Once cool the Chocolate Chip Banana Bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerated for longer storage.
- The bread can also be covered tightly in plastic wrap and frozen in an airtight, sealed container for up to 2 months.
- If using a dark pan, reduce the heat to 325F and increase the baking time as needed.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg