Mango Ice Cream (No-Churn Recipe!)
Creamy homemade no-churn ice cream with a big mango flavor and tropical vibe!
- 2 ripe mangoes seeded, peeled and chopped
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or coconut extract
- ¼ cup light corn syrup more or less as needed
- 6 ripe strawberries (optional) fresh or frozen
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
Place a large loaf pan in the freezer while preparing the ice cream mixture.
In a blender carafe combine the mango, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, corn syrup and strawberries, if using. Process until smooth. Pour into a clean medium bowl.
Pour the cream into a separate chilled medium bowl. Using an electric mixer beat the cream on low until it starts to thicken. Increase the speed to high and beat until stiff (not dry) peaks form.
Spoon 1/4 of the whipped cream into the mango mixture folding gently until combined. Pour all the mango mixture into the whipped cream and fold together with a spatula until blended. Take care not to deflate the whipped cream.
Pour the mango ice cream mixture into the chilled loaf pan. Smooth the top and freeze. Once frozen, cover and seal the pan in plastic wrap. The ice cream should be firm within 6 to 8 hours.
- Freeze your bowl and beaters before whipping the cream for big pillowy soft whipped cream.
- Strawberries are optional for color and a slight flavor enhancement. I’ve made this no-churn ice cream many times and several without strawberries. If you have ripe, juicy berries on hand, throw them into the mixture to add a hint of color.
- Feel free to add a little yellow or orange food color to the blender if desired.
- If your mangoes are extra sweet, reduce the corn syrup to 2 or 3 tablespoons.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 1255IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 1mg