Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Big, soft chewy cookies with loads of texture from the whole grain oats and great peanutty flavor.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter (130g) like Skippy or Peter Pan
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (55g)
- ¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed (55g)
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (63g)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats (120g)
- ½ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (80g)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer beat the butter and peanut butter together until blended. Add the sugars and beat on medium-high speed until lightened and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
Blend in the egg and vanilla until incorporated. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula. Blend again.
In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the oats until combined. With the mixer on low add the dry ingredients until no streaks of flour remain scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Place 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Don’t over-bake. The centers of the cookies may still seem a little wet. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. When multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
- This recipe is easily doubled for a larger batch of cookies. When you go to print, change the yield to 28 cookies and the recipe will print with the updated measurements.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg