Oven Roasted Green Beans
Easy and simple green beans roasted to perfection with just the right about of seasoning
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon no salt added spice blend (we like Mrs. Dash Table Blend)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ of a whole sweet onion, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 whole tomato sliced, or a dozen cherry tomatoes sliced in half (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Pour the green beans onto a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil. Spread the beans into a single layer and season with the spice blend, salt and pepper.
Bake for 5-7 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir. Place the pan back in the oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until the desired texture is reached.
If using the sweet onion, add it to the roasting pan once removed from the oven and toss with the cooked green beans. Allow them to rest on the hot pan for a few minutes before serving. This will take the "raw" edge off the onions - if preferred :)
Serve with fresh sliced tomatoes and sweet onion for the full southern experience!