Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
Creamy and smooth with a touch of Grand Marnier, buttermilk and mascarpone cheese, the richness shines through in this eggless, dreamy, frozen treat!
- 2 cups fresh, hulled strawberries
- 2 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
Clean and wash the strawberries removing the hulls and stems.
Add the strawberries to a food processor or blender carafe. Add the mascarpone cheese and Grand Marnier. Process or blend until pureed, but leaving a few small chunks. Set aside.
In a 2 quart bowl with a lid, combine the milk, sugar and salt. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cream, vanilla and buttermilk. Add the strawberry mixture and blend together until combined.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Process the ice cream in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer instructions. Serve immediately for soft serve texture or freeze in an airtight container for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. When multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
- Substitute fresh orange juice, or other orange liqueur, for the Grand Marnier if desired.
- You may also substitute cream cheese for the mascarpone if desired.
- This recipe has not been tested with frozen store-bought strawberries. As with any fruit dessert, the quality of the fruit will have a big impact on the taste of the recipe. Use the seasons best strawberries for best results.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 615IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 0.2mg