A wonderful, colorful, healthy and full flavored classic American dish!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced, seeds removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, diced, seeds removed
- 1 whole yellow or orange pepper, diced, seeds removed
- 2 yellow summer squash, diced
- 2 ten-ounce packages frozen Lima beans
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- Sea salt
- Coarsely ground fresh pepper
Place olive oil in a large Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until it begins to soften. Add the peppers and saute a few minutes. Add the corn, Lima beans and squash. Cook uncovered stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the fresh herbs and serve.
Adapted from a recipe by Martha Stewart
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. When multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
Calories: 846kcal | Carbohydrates: 131g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 3075mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 6102IU | Vitamin C: 507mg | Calcium: 196mg | Iron: 7mg