No. 13 - Fudge Pie
A rich pie with a wonderful texture, great chocolate flavor and a filling similar to pecan pie without the pecans!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 ounces semi-sweet good quality chocolate, broken into pieces
- ½ cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 4 large whole eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup (like Karo)
- 1 whole unbaked pie crust
Melt the chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan over low heat.
In a separate mixing bowl, add eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and corn syrup and mix until well blended. Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture to the sugar and eggs, whisking until blended.
Pour into the unbaked pie crust and bake for 30-40 minutes at 375° F or until the center is set and no longer jiggly.