Ambrosia Salad Recipe
Classic Ambrosia Salad comes together in minutes and is perfect for picnics, potlucks and parties!
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 cups sour cream (16oz)
- 1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple (drained but not dry)
- 1 (16oz) package mini-marshmallows
- ¾ cup sweetened, shredded (flake) coconut, plus extra for garnish
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup Maraschino cherries, drained with stems removed
- 1 (15oz) can mandarin oranges (drained)
In a large mixing bowl fold together the sour cream and drained, crushed pineapple. Add the marshmallows, coconut, walnuts and cherries. Gently fold in the oranges taking care not to smash or break apart.
Chill the Ambrosia salad until served. Garnish with additional coconut, chopped nuts or cherries and enjoy.
- Substitute half full-fat Greek Yogurt for the sour cream, if desired.
- Cut the cherries in half if desired.
- Substitute pecan for walnuts, if preferred
- Use crushed pineapple in juice, not syrup