Banoffee Pie (Banana-Toffee) Caramel, Bananas, Chocolate and Whipped Cream piled in a simple crust - an English favorite!
Servings: 8 servings
- 14.1 ounce package of Digestive Biscuits, crushed (like McVitie's)
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (13.4 ounce) cans Dulce de Leche
- 2-3 bananas, sliced (tossed with lemon juice if desired to prevent browning)
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, grated for garnish if desired
Process the digestive biscuits in a food processor. Add the melted butter and pulse to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of an 11.5-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate crust for at least 30 minutes.
Spread the Dulce de Leche over the crust and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Slice bananas to desired thickness and arrange over caramel.
Beat whipped cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and beat until medium stiff peaks form. Top the bananas with the whipped cream.
Garnish with grated chocolate or chocolate curls if desired.