Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe
Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours before grilling.
Servings: 4 people
For the marinade:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (use full fat yogurt for best results)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoons dried
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the skewers:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces for skewers
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and cut into 1 ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion cut into 1 ½-inch cubes
- 8 skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water for 30-minutes before grilling)
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Seal and massage the bag to combine all the ingredients.
Add the chicken to the bag turning to coat. Marinate for 4-24 hours. Turn the bag a few times while marinating.
Preheat gas grill to 400°F.
Pour the marinated chicken pieces into a large strainer to remove the excess marinade. Thread chicken pieces onto the skewers alternating with peppers and onions. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. When multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
- This simple marinade works great for any kind of chicken pieces from whole boneless, skinless to bone-in thighs and legs. Adjust grilling time to allow for larger pieces.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1134IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2mg