This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Grilled Salmon & Orzo Corn Salad ~ A light and refreshing orzo salad with fresh, sweet summer corn, tomatoes, basil, parsley, onion and a lemon vinaigrette served with a tender grilled wild caught salmon fillet.
Sweet summer corn is everywhere and I find myself wanting to put it in everything! This Grilled Salmon & Orzo Corn Salad is a wonderful summer dish made with fresh herbs, orzo pasta, tomatoes and onion. Dressed with a light vinaigrette and topped with a juicy piece of wild caught grilled salmon, this dinner is completely satisfying!
Orzo pasta doesn’t feel as heavy as some pastas and the size and shape are wonderful in a salad.
I could eat salmon at least once a week and love it grilled, baked, pan fried or smoked. For this recipe we seasoned the salmon with salt and pepper and a little dry Sriracha seasoning then grilled the fillets for 4 minutes on each side. Quick and easy and absolutely flaky-delicious!
The orzo salad can be made hours ahead and served cold, warm or room temperature. To be honest I’ve eaten it warm, cold and room temperature and loved it each time. That makes this a wonderful meal for company taking only a few minutes on the grill to bring a flavorful dish to the table. I think asparagus would also be great with the corn and tomatoes.
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be grilling friends! When you try our recipe please leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
Grilled Salmon & Orzo Corn Salad
For the salmon:
- 4 wild caught salmon filets, about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- dry Sriracha seasoning or your favorite seasoning for salmon
For the salad:
- 4 ears of fresh corn, cut from the cob
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups mixed grape and cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 4 pepperoncini, sliced
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pepperoncini juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- zest of 1 large lemon
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
To prepare the salad:
- Cook the orzo according to package directions, rinse in cold water and set aside to drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the corn kernels and the garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Set the corn and garlic mixture aside to cool.
- In a large measuring cup combine the 1/2 cup of olive oil, pepperoncini juice, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and zest, 2 teaspoons salt and 2 teaspoons pepper, and chopped red onion. Mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooled corn and orzo. Add the tomatoes, sliced pepperoncini, parsley and basil. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
To cook the salmon:
- Preheat grill to medium high. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the salmon and season with salt, pepper and dry Sriracha if using. Carefully oil the grates of the grill to prevent sticking. Grill the salmon over the hot part of your grill and cook about 3-4 minutes for each side.
- Divide the orzo salad on large plates or bowls and top with the grilled salmon. Garnish with fresh basil and ground pepper. Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoyed your July 4th holiday. We love a good long weekend and enjoyed spending time with our family. Thanks so much for stopping by!