Don’t you just love a deliciously different, quick weeknight dinner? That’s what we found with these Miso-Roasted Tomatoes with Soba Noodles and scallions tossed with a ginger-lime dressing. I’ve been researching miso lately looking for delicious ways to incorporate it into recipes. I have a pile of ideas but this one really spoke to me. Quick and Easy – that has my name all over it.
Even though I’ve never been a big fan of miso soup, the yellow miso in this dressing really holds it all together. Light and refreshing but very filling this will be on our dinner rotation all summer.
It was also pretty awesome served cold for lunch the next day.
Miso-Roasted Tomatoes with Soba Noodles
A super easy weeknight meal with loads of flavor
Serves: 4 servings
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light yellow miso
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Zest from 3 limes
- Lime juice from 3 limes
- Sea Salt
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together the canola oil, vinegar, miso, ginger, sesame oil, honey, lime zest and lime juice. Season with salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the tomatoes with 3 tablespoons of the miso dressing. Pour the tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are charred in spots. Pour the roasted tomatoes back into the mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cook the soba noodles al dente according to package directions. Rinse under cool running water. Drain well.
- Toss the soba noodles with the roasted tomatoes, scallions and half the remaining dressing. Season with salt and transfer to a platter.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Serve with the miso dressing. Enjoy!
(recipe adapted from Food and Wine)
We made another one of those 1,100 mile whirlwind trips to Georgia and back last weekend for a family funeral. I was so tired and don’t seem to be able to catch up on the lost sleep, so I’m really looking forward to the weekend. I hope you have a fun, restful weekend. Thanks so very much for stopping by!