This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Almond French Toast
- 6 1 inch-thick French bread slices (I used brioche) (I used brioche)
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur optional - yes please!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sliced almonds toasted
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup warmed
- Arrange the bread slices in a 13x9 inch baking dish. Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, almond and vanilla extracts and the almond liqueur. Pour the egg mixture over the bread slices. Let the bread soak for 5 minutes, then carefully turn the slices over. Cover the pan and chill overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Melt the butter in a jelly roll pan large enough to hold the bread slices. Add the soaked bread slices and bake for 15 minutes. Turn each slice and bake another 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup.
- Serves 6 or 3 really hungry people.