This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Birthday Cake Balls
- 1 sheet cake any flavor baked according to package directions
- 1 container (16 oz) ready-made frosting
- 2 pounds candy coating any color
- Bake the cake and cool completely. Crumble the cake into a large mixing bowl. Blend in ¾ of a container of prepared frosting. Store remaining frosting for another use. Mix the cake and frosting with a large metal spoon using the back of the spoon to incorporate the frosting. Roll into 1 to 1 ½ inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate the cake balls for several hours or until chilled through.
- Melt 1 pound of candy coating in a deep glass bowl. Be sure to use the instructions for your candy coating. I used 50% microwave power and heated the candy at 30 second intervals stirring after each. Working with just one chilled cake ball at a time, dip the ball completely in the candy coating. Using a spoon, tap the side of the bowl to help remove the excess coating and slide the cake ball onto a waxed paper lined baking sheet. Decorate as desired and serve!