This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted, coarsely chopped
- 6-8 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 6-8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Once the butter separates and the solids remain on the bottom of the pan, stir constantly until the solids start to brown. Remove from the heat when it starts to smell a little nutty. Pour the melted butter in a large mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
- To toast the walnuts spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until they are lightly toasted. Remove to a small bowl and cool completely.
- In the mixing bowl with the cooled browned butter, add the sugars and beat until well blended and lighter in color. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat. In a separate medium mixing bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter. Beat until blended. Add the walnuts and chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Using a 1 inch scoop, spoon cookie dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze until hard enough to put in a large plastic bag or container.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cookies 2 inches apart on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 12-15 minutes. These cookies will crisp up too much if over baked. Since they are made with dark brown sugar its a bit harder to tell if they have browned enough in the oven. Just check them closer to 12 minutes and if done, remove to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
These cookies made pretty good fuel for the guys/friends moving furniture for my son and his wife. Cookies make everything better! Just like hot chocolate, it sets the world right again. Now that I’ve posted a chocolate chip cookie recipe, can I come back into the club? Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week!