This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cara Cara Orange Creamsicle Sorbet
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice and pulp from 2 large Cara Cara Oranges
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 ½ cups full fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Grand Mariner or other orange liquor
- Whisk the water and sugar together in a medium saucepan. Add the orange juice, rind and pulp. Stir to combine. Cook over very low heat until the mixture starts to boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Cool completely and then add the Grand Mariner and buttermilk. Refrigerate the sorbet mixture overnight. Process according to your ice-cream maker instructions. Freeze until ready to serve. Allow the sorbet to sit for 10 minutes to soften before serving.