This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Dulce de Leche Dip. Yes… you can eat it with a spoon, and no, you don’t have to share. But just in case you do – your guests will be forever grateful. Chocolate and caramel are a classic combination and in dip form, the possibilities are endless.
Strawberries are in season and they’re so pretty … I just couldn’t resist adding them to my “dip-able” selection.
Strawberries, pineapple and oranges are great served with this silky smooth chocolate caramel dip. I was also thinking about a nice little shortbread cookie – dipping cookies in chocolate caramel – sounds perfect! Maybe drizzle a little on pound cake? Okay I think I’ve talked myself into serving this dip with shortbread cookies, pound cake squares and strawberries. How perfect!
Don’t you love a recipe that comes together in 5 minutes? I guess that’s good and bad when it comes to dessert.
Chocolate Dulce de Leche Dip
- 1 (13.4-ounce) can dulce de leche
- 4 ounces good quality semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Place the dulce de leche in a small saucepan and warm over low heat until melted. Add the butter and stir until incorporated.
- Remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted then add the vanilla, sea salt and milk. Add additional milk if needed for proper consistency.
- Cool slightly before serving, refrigerate leftovers.
Come-on-Friday – I need a long weekend but I guess I’ll have to wait for Memorial Day. Do you have plans for the long weekend? Camping? A quick trip to the beach? Or are you painting your living room like me? Ha ha … we have all the fun! Thanks so much for stopping by.