This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A delicious anytime treat!
- 2 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine the chopped chocolate, milk and honey. Heat on low, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool at least 15 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Whisk until combined. Using a pastry blender add in the cubed butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate mixture and blend just until combined. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and form each into into a disc. Wrap each disc in a piece of plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly flour a large piece of parchment or wax paper. Roll one piece of dough out until 1/8 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes or 3x3 inch squares. Place the dough pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly darkened and set.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool. Makes about 24 (3x3 inch) graham crackers.
(adapted from a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens)