This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 1 cup Peanut Butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces) each broken into pieces (I used Hershey’s)
- n a small bowl combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, salt, butter and confectioners’ sugar. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the candy bars, chocolate chips and the other 1/2 cup peanut butter in a medium bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minutes. Stir the mixture then repeat until all the chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of 36 mini-muffin cups. Allow to cool for a minute. Take a small spoon or table knife and pull some of the chocolate mixture up the sides of the paper cups to form a well. Refrigerate for a few minutes while getting the filling ready.
- Roll the filling into 4 logs of equal width. Cut into equal pieces and roll into a ball. Place one ball into each chocolate cup. Press down gently to flatten the top. Drizzle with remaining chocolate mixture sealing the sides and completely covering the top of each cup. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container and remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!