This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Pound Cake ~ rich and decadent, this easy to make dessert is topped with a silky smooth chocolate glaze – perfect for the chocoholic in your life!
Don’t forget your PIN!
Rich and chocolatey and easy to make with a silky chocolate glaze
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder, dissolved in 1/4 cup hot (not boiling) water
- 1 cup buttermilk (not non-fat)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, not dutch-processed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow yolk disappears. Beat in the vanilla until blended. Add the flour mixture alternatively with the buttermilk and espresso liquid, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spray the Bundt pan with a non-stick baking spray such as Pam with flour. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for about 30 minutes then remove from the pan and invert onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled dust with sifted powdered sugar, chocolate glaze or icing.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a pan of hot but not boiling water. Add the butter, chocolate chips and corn syrup. Heat and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Add the vanilla and stir well. Drizzle over the cake and serve
(adapted from recipes on allrecipes.com)