This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 plus up to 4 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips melted for drizzling
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, syrup, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Heat on high in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir and repeat cooking on high for another minute. Remove from the microwave and stir again. Cook for one more minute (for a total of 3) but watch the mixture closely as it may boil and bubble over if not watched.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, cream of tartar, and salt. Stir until combined. Add the oats folding until incorporated. Add the flour in three portions taking care to mix well after each addition. If the mixture is still very wet and sticky, add more flour one tablespoon at a time.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate for an hour to set. Slice into desired size bars and drizzle with melted white chocolate if desired.
(adapted from a recipe by Love Veggies and Yoga)
These come together so fast and easy. They are a perfect after school snack, or just a little something sweet after a long day, and the cinnamon is so satisfying! Score!! And no I didn’t see the Super Bowl and I think I’m the only person in the whole world! I was in bed by 7:00 last night and slept almost 12 hours. I must have needed it something awful 🙂