This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Coconut Cherry Almond Granola
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup assorted nuts I used hazelnuts and pistachios
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¾ cup good quality pure maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar packed
- ¾ cup dried cherries I used sweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large, rimmed heavy-duty baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In an extra-large mixing bowl combine the oats, almonds, assorted nuts, coconut, cinnamon, salt and cardamom. Mix with a spatula to combine. Add the brown sugar, breaking up any chunks along with the olive oil and maple syrup. Gently stir until everything is well coated.
- Spread the granola in the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Gently stir the baked granola and put it back in the oven. Turn the oven off, shut the door and wait 6-12 hours without disturbing. Break up any large clumps and stir in the dried cherries. Serve with milk or yogurt and store left overs in an air tight container.
- Note: This recipe is designed to be made the night before serving so it will be ready for breakfast the following morning. It may be stored in an airtight container for up to one month.
- (recipe adapted from Fine Cooking)
Are you baking this week or decorating, or both? We haven’t finished decorating but hope to soon! Christmas is quickly sneaking up on us. I would love to bake all month long making old recipes and new but I guess we can’t live on cookies alone, darn.
Have a wonderful week and please stop by my Facebook Page to see my daily posts of Christmas and holiday goodies throughout December. Thanks so much for stopping by!