This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re still on the fence about homemade Larabars – then this is the recipe you should try first. If you like coconut, dates and nuts you’ll love this delicious snack. These date bars taste almost exactly like the Coconut Cream Pie Larabars you can buy in the stores. The texture, flavor, and natural sweetness – I hate to be overly effusive but these are amazing! I am thrilled with the results and would not change a thing. I often try to develop new recipes but they all don’t turn out like this. I tweak recipes with a little here and a little there – but this does not require any tweaking. Traveling husband said these are better than the real thing – and my husband LOVES the Coconut Cream Pie Larabars.
I posted homemade Peanut Larabars just a few weeks ago and then received a lovely gift from the nice folks at Epicurex. They sent COCOZIA Coconut Water during the summer and I loved it! I posted this Coconut Water Smoothie and was very happy with the product.
When they asked me if I was interested in trying their COCOZIA 100% Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – I enthusiastically said yes! Immediately I knew there was another homemade Larabar in the works.
COCOZIA Coconut Oil is “100% Organic, Unrefined, Cold-pressed Extra-Virgin Coconut oil; it’s USDA Certified 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil; NON GMO Project Verified, Kosher, Gluten Free; Free of Pesticides, Bleach, Hexane and Trans Fats; and contains medium-chain Triglycerides (MCTs) for Weight Management and Increased Energy.” This is amazing stuff and I can’t wait to try more recipes using coconut oil.
This recipe is very simple. All you need is COCOZIA Coconut Oil, unsweetened shredded coconut, fresh dates, raw almonds, raw cashews – and a food processor!
Slice and place in an airtight container. Stored in the refrigerator these will last several weeks. Honestly they don’t last that long at our house so I can’t say for certain how long they stay fresh – in theory they can last several weeks.
I’m making these again this weekend. Thanks to the folks at Epicurex – I love their products and I know you will too!
- 2/3 cups raw almonds
- 2/3 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 12 ounces pitted dates, about 1 1/2 cups packed
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper with enough extra that the paper comes up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the almonds and cashews until finely chopped, leaving a few bigger chunks.
- Add the coconut, coconut oil, and dates.
- Process until well blended and holding together.
- Press the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and use some of the extra parchment paper on the sides to press down on the top of the date bars until smooth.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to several weeks.
I am so anxious to explore other uses for this coconut oil. I’ve heard you can even use it as a skin care product. If you have any recipes using coconut oil please feel free to link them in the comments. I can’t wait to try sauteing vegetables too. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend.
Note: Epicurex provided the Coconut Oil to review but I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.