This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creole Fried Rice
- 1 cup uncooked rice I used brown rice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings I did not use - added more oil in place of bacon
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons green pepper chopped (I did not use)
- ½ cup celery chopped (I used a lot more)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce I used Liquid Aminos
- Chopped green onion
- 1 cup frozen peas not included on original recipe
- 1 ½ cups hamchopped tuna chicken, beef, chopped tuna or pork
- Cook and cool rice. Beat together eggs and salt. Heat skillet to moderate temperature. Add oil, and cook eggs until firm. Remove and cool. Place bacon drippings in skillet. Add onion, pepper and celery. Wilt but do not overcook. Now add rice, cut up eggs, chopped meat, (peas if desired) and soy sauce. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve either hot or cold.