This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
And so it begins. I get an annual “lemon affliction” and once again, I’m infected. Each spring I dream of lemon desserts because they are of course, some of the best ever conceived. Then to further feed my “condition” I paired perfectly fresh fruit with soft and light homemade crepes and stuffed them full of sweet, tart, lemon curd whipped cream. Creamy and dreamy! Do you make crepes? Does the thought of making these delicate little pan-cakes make your palms sweat? Are you worried they may be difficult or time consuming? Fear not my friends! I am amazed at how simple, quick and fun crepes are to make and filling them with lemon curd whipped cream made them heavenly!
Crepes are highly adaptable and can be served with a savory filling, plain and simple, or lightly sweetened and paired with dessert toppings such as jams, sugar and cinnamon, fruit curds or a lovely drizzle of chocolate. This simple little recipe makes about ten 6-inch crepes but can easily be doubled or tripled. All you need is flour, water, one egg, milk, butter, vanilla and a little sugar.
To make the batter place all the ingredients in a blender (or individual blender attachment) and process for about 10 seconds. Thats it! Refrigerate the batter for about an hour to let the bubbles rise and pop then heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-low and make some crepes.
Just as I took the last photo, my son and daughter-in-law stopped by and helped us make these disappear. This is the perfect dessert for four people. They are light and sweet and uniquely interesting.
Maybe bananas and Nutella? Or fresh herbs in the batter in place of the vanilla and sugar? Layers and layers of crepes to form a cake? Rolled or folded? I think I will make crepes again soon!
Pin for later!
Crepes with Lemon Curd Whipped Cream
For the crepes:
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup of lemon curd, homemade or store bought - available near the jams and jellies I used THIS Lemon Curd Recipe
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
To prepare the crepes:
- Place all ingredients in a small blender and process for about 10 seconds. Refrigerate the batter for about 1 hour to allow the bubbles to rise and pop. (Batter will keep refrigerated for up to 48 hours)
- Cover a clean countertop with parchment paper large enough to hold 10 crepes.
- When ready to make the crepes heat a small non-stick skillet over medium / medium low. Make sure the pan's cooking surface is about 6 inches wide. Lightly butter the pan and wipe out the excess with a clean paper towel.
- If you have a digital scale weigh 1 ounce of batter per crepe. I weighed the batter in a small prep bowl that has a spout making it easy to pour.
- Pour the batter into the center of the pre-heated pan swirling to spread evenly. Cook for 20-30 seconds until cooked through. Lift the edge of the crepe with a spatula and grab with both hands and flip.
- Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to a parchment lined countertop to cool.
To prepare the lemon curd whipped cream:
- Place the whipped cream in a small deep mixing bowl. Beat on high until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the lemon curd just until blended. Divide the mixture among the crepes. Top or fill with your favorite fruit and serve immediately.
You’ll see lemon curd show up again soon too. It is so dangerously delicious! What’s your favorite lemon dish – sweet or savory? I’ve posted many lemon desserts over the last 4 1/2 years and love them all! I hope you’ll give these crepes and lemon curd whipped cream a try. Your guests will be amazed! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by.