This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe ~ delicious and simple, and perhaps the best banana bread recipe around!
A moist and tender cake loaded with banana flavor and chopped nuts. You can use pecans or walnuts, it’s all good. Try a slice with cinnamon cream cheese for a terrific treat!
This Banana Bread recipe has been my perfect-every-time go-to for years.
I can’t even bring myself to try other recipes anymore because I know this will turn out great every time. The flavor can’t be beat and the texture is perfect. I’ve made many banana bread recipes over the years and still can’t find anything better. When it’s a fool-proof recipe and perfect every time, it’s time to stop looking! I’ve baked this recipe with regular all-purpose flour and with whole wheat pastry flour. Both are very good, although somewhat different.
This Easy Banana Bread also freezes beautifully.
I love having one loaf in the freezer for those last minute events or to share with a sick friend. If you’re looking for a unique treat, try our Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread! Chocolate and bananas are perfect together and especially tasty in this moist and delicious loaf cake.
Don’t have buttermilk?
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own using milk and white vinegar or lemon juice. Pour a tablespoon of vinegar in a 2 cup measure. Add enough milk to make one cup. Stir and allow the mixture or rest for about 5 minutes. That’s it!
For an extra special treat, slice the banana bread thin and spread cream cheese between two pieces.
Cut the sandwiches in half for an easy finger-friendly treat at office events and brunches. This bread is always a favorite and everybody asks for the recipe! I shared this recipe almost 7 years ago but the photos needed a serious update. Maybe that’s just a great excuse to make it again 🙂
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be baking friends! If you make our recipe please feel free to leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (12 tablespoons) room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 3 bananas (very ripe) mashed well with a fork
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Grease and flour two 8.5 x 4.5-inch (1 pound) loaf pans. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl. combine the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and mix to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending just until the yolk disappears. Do not over beat.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Pour the buttermilk into a 2 cup measure and stir in the baking soda. The buttermilk will expand when it reacts with the baking soda so you need the extra room or it will over flow.) Alternate adding flour and buttermilk to the sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour, gently mixing on medium-low. Scrape the sides and bottom as needed.
- Add the mashed bananas and nuts and gently fold together using a rubber spatula. Divide the batter into the two prepared pans. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with only moist crumbs, no batter. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then remove and either serve immediately or cool. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, foil and a freezer bag to freeze, or store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Here’s a few more recipes you might enjoy:
Here are a few of the tools used to make this banana bread (each photo is clickable for more information):
The small print: If you decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my affiliate link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.
I would love to try this recipe for The Best Banana Cake ~ from Spend With Pennies. The name alone makes me want to try these Chunky Monkey Muffins ~ from Seasons & Suppers! And finally, what a treat it would be to dive into these Nutella Swirled Banana Muffins ~ from The BakerMama.