- 3/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 5-ounce can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
- 1 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 7-ounce jar Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Cream
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lightly grease a 9x9 inch pan and set aside.
- Mix margarine, sugar and milk in a heavy 3-quart saucepan; bring to a full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 5 minutes on medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in chocolate chops until melted.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and cool at room temperature.
- When cooled, cut into squares and store in an airtight container
Do not substitute sweetened condensed milk for the evaporated milk.