This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 1 1/2 cups white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon dill seeds
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 pounds pickling cucumbers, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, coriander seeds and dill seeds in a heatproof bowl. Add hot water and stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl combine the cucumbers, garlic and dill. Toss to combine. Pour the brine over the mixture and stir to coat. Cover the pickles with a plate to weigh them down and keep them covered in the vinegar mixture. Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, stirring a few times. Spoon the pickles into jars or airtight containers and refrigerate for up to two weeks. Makes 1 quart.
(adapted from a recipe by Bobby Flay)