This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fresh Sweet Summer Corn and Corn Bread
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅔ cup grated pepperjack cheese
- ½ diced jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9x9 inch baking dish with vegetable spray. Set aside.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and jalapeno pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the beaten eggs, buttermilk and cheese. Mix well.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the egg mixture in the well. Gently blend until the eggs are incorporated, taking care not to over-mix. Fold in the fresh corn, melted butter and rosemary. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. About 30 - 35 minutes.