This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You probably thought I was done with strawberry recipes. Haha – not a chance! We froze a bunch of strawberries last month when we picked from a local farm and have been enjoying them in smoothies and this summer perfect Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. Pucker up because this is some tasty lemonade. You can adjust the sweetness to your own preference, but part of the fun of lemonade is the pucker factor. It’s not necessary to divide this into two parts, but that’s actually part of the fun.
The drink is sweetened with simple syrup made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. Simple syrup is one part water and one part granulated sugar. Boil the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved then store in a jar in your refrigerator. It’s great to use in ice cold summer tea, smoothies or frozen drinks for the grown ups. We may, or may not, have tried a little Grand Marnier in one of our batches of Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. Yes, it was terrific, and yes we may try some tequila in it too. It’s a hot day here in Virginia, with temperatures in the upper 90’s, perfect for a frozen drink that is great for kids and adults alike.
I love the layered look and when you use a straw you can drink each flavor individually. The strawberry portion is thicker than the lemon since it’s mostly fruit so I spoon it on the bottom of the glass. This recipe is so easy and it comes together in minutes making it perfect for summer fun. The hardest thing about this Frozen Strawberry Lemonade is getting pictures before it melts! Enjoy!!!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, slightly thawed **
- 1/4 cup simple syrup *
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 lemons, juiced (discard seeds but keep the pulp)
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup ice
- In a blender combine the strawberries, 1/4 cup simple syrup, 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup ice. Blend until smooth. The mixture will be thick enough to spoon into 2 glasses.
- Rinse the blender carafe and add the lemon juice, lemon pulp, 1/4 cup simple syrup and 1 cup ice. Blend until smooth and pour over the strawberry mixture in the glass.
- Garnish with lemon slices or strawberries if desired.
- Serve immediately
* Simple syrup is made by combining equal parts water and sugar. I used 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it starts to boil and all the sugar is dissolved. Cool and refrigerate until needed.
** We used small strawberries that were halved then frozen. If your strawberries are large, you may want to increase to 1 1/2 cups.
All ingredients may be combined in one blender carafe if desired.
If you’re looking for a great blender that will create that perfect slushy texture without leaving chunks of ice, check out our favorite Ninja Blender. It crushes ice, fruits and vegetables in seconds! We love these blenders so much we bought them for our kids for Christmas last year.
We’re ready to deploy to the hospital at any time now – still waiting on our granddaughter Isabelle to arrive. Her mom and dad are way past ready and I don’t blame them! It’s too hot to be very, very, very pregnant. Glad it’s not me!
Thanks so much for stopping by – have a wonderful weekend!