This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The peas are a little wrinkled because they were not cooked for a long time in liquid. They tasted great and were not mushy. Maybe next time I’ll precook the peas in water to soften them up a bit or leave them in the coconut milk mixture a little longer..
This was the first time I ever cooked with Green Curry Paste. Green curry is supposed to be the hottest of all the curry spices but this brand had a very mild flavor. Perhaps the heat is brand specific so check the label if you are not into the hot stuff.
Thai Green Curry Shrimp
- 2 cans 13.5 or 14 ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk I used one regular and one lite
- ¼ cup Thai green curry paste
- 2 ½ tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 lb. large shrimp shelled and deveined
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen green peas thawed if frozen
- Spoon ½ cup of the thick coconut cream into a large heavy saucepan. Heat over medium heat and add the curry paste. Whisking constantly, cook until heated through and smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining coconut milk and bring to a boil over high heat, whisking frequently. Boil for several minutes then reduce the heat to low and add the fish sauce and sugar. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Increase the heat to medium high, stir in the shrimp and cook just until the shrimp are opaque, about 4 minutes. Stir in the basil and peas and cook, stirring frequently, until the peas are heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve over jasmine rice.
I am really into the spicy foods these days. Feel free to post a link to your favorite spicy dish below in the comments section. We’ve got the camper all packed and head out Saturday morning for an adventure in the woods. I’m so excited to get out of the house and swat some bugs for a change 🙂 We may just have a camping dish to post next week! Please don’t forget about the PB Crave Peanut Butter giveaway! Check back Monday for your chance to win.
Thanks so much for stopping by!