This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Grilled Bananas with Maple Creme Fraiche
- 4 ripe bananas halved and left in the peel
- vegetable oil
- 8 ounces creme fraiche
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- blackberries blueberries, and or raspberries for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the creme fraiche and maple syrup. Don't over mix and leave a few streaks of maple syrup visible. Place the bowl in the freezer while preparing the bananas. If you prefer the creme fraiche to be frozen like a soft ice cream, leave in the freezer for about an hour.
- When ready to serve preheat the grill or grill pan.
- Brush the cut side of the banana lightly with vegetable oil. Grill with the cut side down until golden brown. This will only take a few minutes. Turn the banana over and continuing grilling on the peel side until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and set the banana aside to cool for a few minutes. Using a table knife or spoon, remove the cooked banana from the peel and place on a serving dish. Top with a large tablespoon of the maple creme fraiche and garnish with berries. Serve immediately.