This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Grilled Chicken with Nectarine Relish ~ Lightly marinated, grilled chicken breasts are topped with a relish made with nectarines, red onion, fresh basil. Delightfully delicious!
This will be a quick post today – because I know you must be busy getting ready for the long holiday weekend. If you’re not, then I hope you have fun anyway! I love the weekends and especially love this time of year. We are still able to grill without freezing, and everybody seems to be busy going to football games, music lessons, band practice or a hundred other things. That’s why I think you need this super easy, fantastic tasting, healthy Grilled Chicken with Nectarine Relish recipe! Nectarines and onions … with basil? You won’t believe how delicious this combination is. Everybody loves fruit salsas and they’ve been very popular this year. This is kind of like salsa with just a few perfect ingredients.
If you’re like me, sometimes I want something quick for dinner that doesn’t taste like the same old grilled chicken.
Marinate the chicken for just a few minutes in white balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper. While the chicken marinates, combine the nectarines and red onion with more balsamic vinegar, honey salt and pepper and olive oil. Then grill the chicken and serve topped with the nectarine and onion mixture and fresh basil leaves. Done, done and done!
Don’t have white balsamic vinegar?
White wine vinegar would be good too. If you put this on your menu this weekend, let me know what you think!
Thanks for PINNING!
Let’s be grilling friends! When you try our recipe please leave a comment on this post. I’m sure your experience and insights will help all our readers, and it helps me too. Also, if you’re on Pinterest feel free to leave a comment and photo there if you have one! If you share on INSTAGRAM tag @savingroomfordessert so we can stop by and give your post some love. And we’d be very happy if you’d FOLLOW Saving Room for Dessert on FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER and subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel for all the latest recipes, videos and updates. Thank you!!!
PRINT THE RECIPE!
- 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons white Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 or 2 ripe nectarines or peaches, sliced thin
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced thin
- Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag. Add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss the chicken in the marinade to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Clean the grates and lightly oil to prevent sticking.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper. Add the sliced nectarines and onion. Toss to combine and set aside while grilling the chicken.
- Grill the chicken until done through - about 5 minutes on each side. Serve topped with the nectarine and onion relish and fresh chopped basil or small basil leaves. You can always add a little more fresh ground black pepper on top. Enjoy!
Inspired by a recipe in Country Living Magazine
Here are a few more grilled chicken recipes you might like!
Finally, do you have big plans for the weekend? We’re having a family dinner on Sunday and I’m going to make these Sriracha Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos with Sweet Corn Salsa. Both our children and spouses are going to bring something too – what a wonderful thing to be able to have Sunday dinner as a family. We are truly blessed.
Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Labor Day!