This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a heavy bottom medium saucepan add the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Heat on medium low until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour and almonds. The dough will be sticky.
- Scoop level teaspoons and drop on a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure the cookie dough is about 5 inches apart, as they spread a lot. I recommend starting with 2 or 3 cookies per sheet to see how much they spread and how long it takes to bake them.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until they are browned around the edges and just starting to brown in the middle of the cookie. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes or until set. Move the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.